Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ethical Hacker Track Starts Here

Over the next few months, I have taken it upon myself to learn what the bad guys do. I started by reading Certified Ethical Hacker: All-in-One Exam Guide by Matt Walker, on Skillsoft's books24x7. He makes s the whole field seem so simple and easy, and so to try and horn some skills, I enrolled into the eCPPT Silver from eLearnsecurity and currently taking my exam wish me luck. I know the CEH v8 is out, however, am not ready for the pricing at this time.

My greed and interest is now beyond measure. I have also enrolled in Offensive Security's Penetration testing with BackTrack(PWB) that can eventually lead to the coveted OSCP. I would also like to take the revered CISSP sometime, but not soon.

When all is said and done, no penetration testing enthusiast is worth any measure without getting something from the SANS eye-watering price list. But who said education was cheap? huh? Yes, later on, when I can afford to part with lots of dollars, I will pursue the prestigious GPEN(GIAC Penetration Tester).


Nothing to do with security is complete without big vendor names and networking skills. It is for this reason that I added Cisco's CCNA Security into the soup bowl. I was lucky Chris Bryant was offering the whole chunk for the price of a bottle of Johnnie Walker, Black Label, and pounced on the opportunity. The promo is still running, if you are interested, find it on Udemy.

All in all, this is my first post, and I want to use it as a benchmark for future topics, and also something to look back to and tell if I achieved these goals. It is my Vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle and nice.